Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Years Resolutions Day 12....

Having thoroughly been through Mrs Frugals ideas on www.frugalfamily.com I have made myself a shopping list from the menu planner for the coming week, as she suggested, I then took my shopping list to the supermarket and spent twice as much as usual.....

But, I do have more items than I normally buy so I think it will last longer than a week - I have hidden items bought for packed lunches - to stop them being eaten as late night snacks (Mr T and older T!!) Middle T thinks crisps should be tucked into until the cupboard is bare - so they have been hidden as well - just hope I remember where I have put them or could be finding them next christmas when I sort the cupboards out.....

So the test will be whether we can keep to the menu planner or if life gets in the way..........

Whilst planning I also took a hint from a favourite book of mine The Life Audit by Caroline Righton. She suggests  making  a list of all the rooms in the house and then list all the things you want to be done.

I have started with the dining room which Mr T painted before xmas but is still looking very unfinished.... items to be finished include curtains, curtain pole, tie backs, wallpaper feature wall and table and chairs.....so still quite a bit to do....but the plan is that you look at your list and break it down into dooable chunks...... So here goes............

No comments:

Post a Comment